Now this one is for my sister. I made Buckeyes. This is a treat that my sister learned how to make and they were very yummy. Well, I was asked to bring dessert to a meeting and selfishly I wanted to bring something that I could eat. (I am eating Gluten-free -- that's another post!) Well, Buckeyes seemed the perfect dessert! It was the first time I had ever made them. And to my surprise they turned out well. I even melted the chocolate over simmering water. I felt like I was Martha Stewart! heehee.
For my couponing fun I spent $41, saved $101.85, and earned $8 of Register Rewards and Extra bucks. I was able to get Danny 2 fusion razors for $3 out of pocket. They cost $11.99 each, but the refill cartridges cost at least $18! I also got 10 jars of organic baby food for $0.40 each rather than $1.09 each! Best of all I got the large size Garnier Fructis Shampoo for $1 each they cost $6.99 each. It was a good stockpiling week because I didn't have a lot of food grocery items.
Overall, it was a great week of learning new things and using my time and money wisely. Oh, yeah. One more new thing that I did was I went to Aldi for the first time. It's definitely an experience, but their prices are great so I will be going back!
1 comment:
I love your blog Nikki!I love to can and I am eating gluten free too! All I need now is a Bentley! oh yeah!! I will be checking back often! So wonderful to follow your bautiful life :)
love you!
Tammy
Post a Comment