Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Busy hands + lots of fruit!!

I can easily say that the days have been busy, but I don't know what we've doing! Busy in a good way, not stressful busy, but everyday has enough in it.

The kids are growing up. It's so fun to see them interact and pretend together. Their favorite things to do are have tea parties together and watch the Backyardigans. (thanks Mom -- I can now sing the theme song and do the dance!) I am grateful that they enjoy being with one another.

It's fun to hear Bentley talk about his memories-- he remembers A LOT!! and Marseille sing her songs. They both love, love, love music and to dance to it.
Here is a little video of Bentley, he thinks he's Italian!

I can't believe how much Marseille is growing up. She doesn't have much to say yet. I can't wait to hear all that goes on in her mind, because I know that it's a lot!
I have been given many opportunities to sew and do work for others and I'm sure that takes up a lot of the day too! I'm extremely excited and nervous about the upcoming craft fair. More information to come about that :) But here are some of the things that I have been working on for that!!

My headbands, I've been working on my logo and came up with a different variation to the one seen in the picture :)
Handwritten signs. This one if filled with poetry about love.
Here are a close up of the words.
Oh, I also have been having fun in the kitchen. On Monday, I practiced making sushi so I could show Kelli how to make it. I actually made it with the rice on the outside, which I was extremely proud of :) That's the way I prefer to eat it. It's just avocado, carrot and cucumber because that is what I had on hand. I plan to experiment some more with making different types of sushi... I'll leave it at that! Mwah haa haa!
And I made a pizza pot pie -- from no recipe that we all really enjoyed. It stemmed from not really wanting to make what was planned. It doesn't have cheese because of Marseille, but none of us seemed to miss it!
But even more exciting than all of the things that my hands are accomplishing, are the things that are going on in my heart. I am full of joy and peace as I am learning to love God and his word!

If you are interested in reading about what it going on please read on! Otherwise, thanks for stopping by!

I am currently reading the book of Leviticus, Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris -- excellent read and Practicing Hospitality by Pat Ennis and Lisa Tatlock -- sadly, I'm on the last chapter!! God has show himself in every book!!

This is a entry in my journal from last week:

God has been a work in me so greatly that I feel like I’m bursting at the seams. About three weeks ago, it dawned on me that the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses speaks to me. Directly to me. I was completely overwhelmed. What an amazing truth!! But over the past two months, God has been showing me that he cares for me personally. He is not the mysterious orb I made him out to be. He cares for me, loves me and wants a relationship with me. To many, that might seem like a duh, but it has just recently been awakened in my heart and I AM SO GRATEFUL!!

At the beginning of the year, God told me — because he speaks to me personally!!– that he was going to teach me about his love. While reading Jesus Speaking to Your Sorrows, I realized that I didn’t understand God’s love at all. I felt grace and mercy but never love. I never related to God as my father. In fact, I was always weired out when people called him Daddy. I was not on a personal level with God. God has continually and consistently EVERYDAY been showing me his love. Again three weeks ago, the same day that God revealed himself to me, during worship, completely overwhelmed by His presence, in the midst of tears I said, “I love you God”. I was taken aback by the words realizing that I had never really said them like that before. Sure, I love you God because of what you did for me, but never because I was truly in love with God because he was God.

The Jesus Storybook Bible, the children's bible we read to the kids, has been a very effective tool for my sanctification. This year, I felt lead to only study the Old Testament — just seeing how faithful and loving God is to his wandering people. Well, I just started Leviticus the first day of March and I was really crying out to God to help me understand the connection between Jesus and these on going sacrifices. And He has. Through his revelation, he has brought about scripture from the NT to connect with what I’m reading!!

Yesterday’s readings and scripture references:
And the priest shall burn all of it on the altar, as a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the Lord. – Leviticus 1.9

For we are the aroma of Christ (our sacrifice) to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing –2Corinthians 2.15

You shall season all your grain offerings with salt. You shall not let the salt be missing from your grain offering; with all your offerings you shall offer salt. – Leviticus 2:13

You are the salt for the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? – Matthew 5:13

And today, I read Leviticus 3 and 4 and while praying for a connection, I wrote down words from the OT sacrifices that describe Jesus – Sin offering, peace offering, blood poured out, without blemish, atonement for him for his sins and he shall be forgiven. Then looked to find a connection in the NT and I did a perfect connection in Hebrews 9:14, 26 and 10:1-18. Hebrews is the very book that we will be studying after Genesis!! EEK!! It’s so exciting to see God revealing himself to me in soo, soooo, soooooo many ways!!

God has been faithfully revealing himself to me day after day in Leviticus! I really am bursting at the seams.

If you made it this far, I am thankful and amazed that you would take the time to read about my journey into godliness. Thank you!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Love this post....the sign, the sushi(which I got to make for the first time=), the video, sweet Marseille, your new logo design, and most importantly all the cool things our Father God is revealing to you. Hope you keep bursting at the seams. =) Abbi and I enjoyed your update.

Susan Sene said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I was encouraged by your words. :)

Ann Minard said...

So cute!!! He is Italian....because of all the great Italian food his Mom cooks!

Meghann Roberts said...

You make me cry! =) I haven't been in the blog world in a while. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing about how God is showing His great LOVE for you TO you! Thanks for taking the time to keep up with your blog. I love reading it and being encouraged and challenged by you! Oh, and of course I like all the pictures! Can't wait to give you a hug and squeeze those babies!!