Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bentley and Music

Bentley rocking out to his toe tapping music!

Our little boy loves music. And when I say love, I mean LOVE! Two instances in the past two weeks have confirmed this truth.

Last week, I put Danny's piano cd, the one he made when he was a teenager, on for the kids to go to sleep to. Bentley woke up sobbing. When I asked him what the matter was, all he said was, "The music."
"The music is making you sad?" I replied.
"No." he answered
"Is the music making you happy?" I asked just because.
"Yes." as he shook his head to confirm.
"Oh, but if the music is making you cry, how are you happy?" asking, but not knowing how he would respond.
"I love the music, it makes me cry." he said as he looked up with puffy eyes.
"Oh, I understand." I said and pulled him in for a hug.

I asked him later if he wanted me to put the same cd on for his nap and he said, "Yes." But he woke up crying again, so I haven't put the cd back on for him! Sweet boy, is just like his Daddy!

Here are couple of funnies:
Bentley: "What are we listening to?"
Me: "Bach"
Bentley: "Ah, Bok Choy!"

Last night Bentley was crying very hard after we put him to bed, which is not normal. We thought he was crying because we put band-aids on his thumbs so he will stop sucking them. Boy were we wrong! I walked over to his bed and softly told him, that he need to get self control so I could understand what he was saying.
"It's not Bok Choy!" he wailed.
"What?" Confused, I stopped and listened. We forgot to change the cd from their play time music to their sleeping music! He wanted Bach!

Bentley: Can we have Walking to the Wise? (Note: the cd is called Walking with the Wise)
Me: Yes
Bentley: Where is Walking to the Wise?
Me: I'm getting it.
Bentley: I love Walking to the Wise.

Bentley has his own Grooveshark playlist of all the songs he repeatedly asks me to play. Mind you, I had to figure out what songs he was talking about based off his titles! It took a while!
- Our God- Chris Tomlin (Bentley's title: The God is Stronger Song)
- Your Name High - Hillsong (Bentley's title: Ahh, ahh, ahh Song)
- Everyday - Sovereign Grace (Bentley's title: Thank you for the try Song)
- Praise the Lord - Sovereign Grace ( Bentley's title: Praise the Lord Song-- yay!)
- Taste and See - Sovereign Grace (Bentley's title: Taste and See Song)
- You Gave Your Life Away - Paul Baloche (Bentley's Title: You Gave Song)
- Stronger - Hillsong (Bentley's title: God is Stronger Song -- not to be confused with Our God!)

He is so much like Danny in that he wants to have music on at all times! Yet, I can not believe that actually listens to the words of the songs and tells me about them. I pray that he uses this gift and talent! Can you believe that he is going to be 3 of Friday?! I can't!

3 comments:

Catching Up With The Cunninghams said...

love this! and i can relate with the band-aids...my mom made me wear them until i stopped sucking my thumb:)

Kelli said...

Oh how we love that boy! I love things kids come up with...Just today Esther said, "we are weak, but he is strong...right Micah?"

Susan Sene said...

What a sweet boy! Funny how music is just programmed into some children more than others!