Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday Results

Well, the results are in! YAY! I don't need surgery. My doctor's appointment was a 8:15AM on Friday and the Dr. pulled up the CT scan and said it showed now sign of a mass. So, he poked around at my shoulder again, and told me the physical therapy would be my option! Yes! Exactly what I was hoping for in the first place.

I walked down the hallway to register to meet with the therapist and told them that I was going to be out of town for the next two weeks. She asked if she could see me today. I said sure, but my son has an appointment at 1pm. They saw me at 11:30am.

My appointment with the therapist was long! Especially because I had to bring Bentley. After lots of moving this way and that way, arms up and down, the therapist concluded that what I am feeling in my shoulder is the top of my scapula. My bone has shifted due to lack of muscle my left side. He said that nursing has probably been the biggest culprit, because you are hunched over all the time and lets face it your chest is heavier. So, all that to say, I get massage therapy and physical therapy for the next 3 months!

Bentley's echo went well. He was scared at first but calmed right down. We don't have any results for that!

2 comments:

Randal, Erin & our 5 sweet Girlies said...

Nikki, I am so grateful to hear that they didn't find anything & that you don't need surgery on your shoulder! I am thanking our kind & amazing God with you! I'll be praying for your sweet little Bentley's echo results! Love you sweet friend!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Yay - Praising God with you!