Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Thursday, September 3, 2009

6 Week Check-Up

This morning, I had my six week postpartum check up. Every thing went well. My tear is pretty much completely healed, and I have no more bleeding! YAY! I asked my Dr. to check my abs for Diastasis recti -- the separation of your ab muscles. To both of our surprise my separation is only 1 cm! Which means I am totally clear to workout and get back to normal life. The Dr. was very surprised that the separation wasn't worse since I have had two babies that are close together. Over all it was a quick, and relatively painless visit :)

I can't believe that it has already been six weeks since Marseille was born. Time is going by quickly. I'm sad that she has already caught a cold, but I guess that is life! She's doing well other than that. I'm just thankful for the 5 hour chunks that she sleeps at night.

Bentley is doing well, dispite his cold too. He is beginning to be himself again. Though we have begun to see changes in him because he realizes that he is not getting as much attention as he would like. The result is his is extra whiney. I've begun to cut out his morning nap. Some might say that is crazy right now since I need the extra rest, but he needs time alone with me. When I do this I notice that he doesn't whine as much when I am occupied with Marseille's needs. Lately, I have been letting him paint and reading a lot of books with him. He loves books. Or we will just sit down on the couch and watch Cars together. He especially likes that!

Other than them being sick, everything is going pretty smoothly. I'm just excited to be able to get running again, and this time Danny wants to run with me :)

4 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Glad the check-up went well! I didn't know you were a runner - I LOVE running and definitely miss it. I got Septtro doing it with me around this time last year.

I've missed seeing you - hope to see you soon!!

Becca said...

Love the new picture, they sure are a handful of fruit
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I love your blog with the new updates and pics, it looks great! You are so talented.

Erin :) said...

I am so excited about y'all running...woo-hoo!!:)