We also went to the local downtown and grabbed some delicious pizza. The town was not stroller friendly. We spent a lot of time figuring out how we were going to cross the street. Anyway. As we were circling around the building, my eyes met with a couple walking down the street. All of a sudden I realized I knew them, but could not remember their names. Out of no where I shouted out, "Karen." She turned a looked at me and she realized who I was. It was amazing! We had attended church together in FL and I used to watch their children. They are no longer in FL, so it was great catching up with them. They were in the area for their anniversary and were going to be coming to our church the next day. Steve and Karen, I hope that you enjoyed your anniversary and that found and enjoyed our downtown!
Sept 14, 2008
Sept 5, 2009
The Zoo... we went to the zoo on Labor Day. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for the zoo. It was quite crowded. Of course, the biggest animals were first. The elephants. When we walked up everyone was saying, "Ewwww" and "Oh my gosh!" Well, the man next to us asked us if we saw what happened. We had not, but were curious because we could see the evidence. He politely told us that the elephant that was eating, had gotten what she was eating directly from the source. That's right. The other elephant got a free colonoscopy! And yes the Dr. was eating it! We didn't linger to long! Bentley enjoyed naming animals and pointing at them. As long as they were moving and didn't blend in with their surroundings he saw them.
Recently, Bentley has been making other animal noises such as neigh neigh, moo moo and baa baa. When we came up to the giraffes he immediately said, "Neigh, neigh!" And when we came up to the sign for the orangutans he said, "Moo, moo!" It was so cute! He had a great time at the zoo and was able to play on the swings at the playground outside of the zoo. He loves to swing! So it was a real treat for him.
Thanks Mom for a great weekend :)
Oh, I almost forgot. While we were at the zoo waiting to get in there was a little girl that kept looking at Bentley. Then she started to pet Bentley's head. It was kinda funny! But then when we were at the giraffes there was a little girl trying to feed Bentley one of the crackers for the animals. That I wasn't okay with! But it was still kind of funny!



No comments:
Post a Comment