Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Morning Training Run

Me, after this morning's run -- gross I know!

Well, I am training for a 5k in October. I have been running/jogging/walking for the past month. I actually do enjoy it, and I even had a dream about it. I really can't believe how much I have grown to enjoy running. One of the main reasons that I wanted to do this was perseverance. It's so easy to start things and not follow through. God has really convicted me of this lately and I am trying, with much grace, to get better at "keep on keepin' on." Running has been one outlet for this, there are many areas of my life that this applies to.

One of the things that I love about training in the morning is that I get to take in God's creation. I love being able to smell the dew and honeysuckles. I get to see the Morning Glories and watch the sunrise. The birds are chirping and an occasional rooster greeting the day. Running has taken me out of the house to drink in the goodness of God; not only in remaining faithful to run, but I get to see His creation and thank Him for it.

This morning's run was probably my hardest. I have started my lovely feminine gift of menstruating again since the birth of my son. So, I was bloated, tired and had a headache. I did have to stop to walk in my last set, but I figured I haven't ever done that yet, so it would be okay.

Here is what this weeks training workout looked like:
Warm-up 5 minute walk
Stretch
Run 3 mins
Walk 1-1/2 minutes
Run 5 mins
Walk 2-1/2 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 1-1/2 minutes
Run 5 minutes
Cool Down Walk (back to the house)
Stretch

Next week it changes everyday. So stay tuned to see how I do...

Here are some pictures from my walk yesterday morning:

My coach (He's tough! He makes me push him around in the stroller up the hills!)


The sun peeking through the clouds


The Honeysuckle


The Morning Glories


The view from the top of our subdivision

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your coach is too cute!
ann