Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Welcome Home Bentley!



Exactly one year ago, we brought Bentley home from his extended stay at the NICU. He spent one month and a day there! His homecoming was a complete surprise to me. I walked in and saw that he had been circumcised, and I knew they only did that to (boy) babies that were going home.

I asked the nurse, "When did that happen?"

She replied, "This morning."

Trying to hold back my excitement, I asked, "So, when is he going home?"

She laughed, looked at me and said, "Today, didn't anyone tell you?"

"No," I said in a panic.

I told the nurse, we didn't have anything ready. No blankets or clothes, but I did have the car seat. She said that was fine and gave us some blankets and we bundled him the best we could with the outfits that we had left for the nurses. After several hours of waiting for the newborn screening test, and all that discharge stuff we left the NICU. The nurse that discharged him was one of my favorite nurses and I was so glad that I got to thank her and tell her goodbye.

It was great. I think the Lord did that on purpose. I would have gotten any sleep the night before if I had known that he was coming home!

1 comment:

Molly Flanagan said...

that is so cool! so much for bringing him home in a cute outfit! i am sure just bringing him HOME was blessing enough. happy homecoming anniversary bentley!