Updates

Upcoming Appointments:

November - GI and Nephrology - B & M

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day!

Sorry this post is so delayed. Our cable has been out since Sunday evening... so no internet, tv or phone!

Well, we when we began following the weather on Friday, we didn’t' think it would happen, but it did! The weather was actually forecasted correctly! Sunday it rained, than sleeted, and for over 6 hours snowed! We kept all the blinds open on Sunday to follow what was happening. As the sleet turned to large snowflakes and the snow began to collect the giddier we got. I made dinner to the merry sound of Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra Christmas songs! As the night came to an end, we anticipated waking up to a wintry world of white.

Around 10PM our power went out. Thankfully, all of us were warm in bed (I’m glad I had my book light). Well, about 11PM the low battery chirp of the fire alarms began. Poor Danny, who had just caught a cold earlier in the day, was knocked out from taking medicine had to take the batteries out of the alarms. By 12AM the power was back on! Thank you Duke Energy!!

When we woke up Monday morning, we were not disappointed. There was a ton of snow! Around 6” of snow covering our home! It was beautiful. Everyone ate their breakfast and got bundled up to enjoy our snow! Bentley was not really thrilled with the snow. It could be because he couldn’t move in his snow suit! Well, we let him experience it and brought him back inside. Danny and I built a snowman, made snow angels, and had a little snow ball fight. After Bentley’s nap we went to the store to pick up some lunch and dinner for the next two nights. We couldn’t believe how many cars got stuck in the snow or in accidents! Thankfully, our car has 4 wheel drive and we had no problem at all getting around.

Here are some pictures of our exciting day!

The snow just beginning to stick.


Our home!


Danny and Bentley's first snowman!


Our slide show!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Thanks for all the pictures.
Looks beautiful. That really is lots of snow but it looks cold, cold,cold.

Love you and see you soon.

Mom

Ann said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you I really
like the snowman.

Mom

Unknown said...

SNOW! I miss snow.

Meghann Roberts said...

Love it! What a fun memory! I wish it would have stuck here! Oh well, it was pretty while it was falling!

Becca said...

love the snowman
see you soon